There was clearly a time, in the not so distant past, when a trip in order to your local video store using the family was a weekly or monthly treat.
If you were lucky enough to have a bigger video rental store that had multiple copies of new releases and thousands of DVDs available, there was a good chance you could find movies to suit everyone. But a few things have happened since those days that have rendered video rental stores all but obsolete.
With regard to starters, big box stores such as Blockbuster happen to be driven out of the bricks and mortar movie rental business to seek salvation online. For most of us, our own video stores are nothing more than corner convenience stores having a few hundred movies available in any time.
Space will be at a premium for these guys so they can only afford to possess a few copies of new releases along with a smattering of older movie rental titles on hand at any time. From the bit frustrating to drive out only to find the movie you had your heart arranged on is always out.
In addition, next day earnings and the inconvenience that it implies, usually finds us racking up late charges that often might have worked well out cheaper for us if we’d bought the DVD instead. And what if you’re heading out on a road trip or to the cottage with regard to a weekend – 24 hour rental periods just don’t cut it with regard to a lot of us.
And what concerning the actual rental fee? $3 or more per movie rental? Everyone with a wire or satellite subscription offers access to pay-per-view movie accommodations, and the concept is quite sound. The downside is that typical pay-per-view rentals cost $5 or more. I am not sure the convenience may be worth that much more.
Maybe it’s time you rent movies on the internet!
Why? Well, rather than run on about online movie rental and why it’s the right strategy to you, allow me personally to state my case with the following list of 10 Reasons It’s Time For You To Rent Movies Online!
one Selection. If you rent movies online from immediate movie streaming or DVD AND BLU-RAY by mail providers, you will generally have entry to anywhere from a few thousand up to 80, 000 movie and TV titles to select from. Your local video store most likely can’t hold a match up to that kind of selection.
2 . Availability. In all but several rare exceptions, the movie you would like is always available. The majority of DVD by mail solutions have hundreds of copies of individual movie titles on hand. Instant movie streaming services like Netflix have no limitation on how many subscribers watch individual movie titles.
If you rent movies online, your favorites are almost usually available.
3. Savings. When you rent movies on the internet from DVD by email services, they typically possess subscription plans that permit several DVD rentals, a few even unlimited, per month for monthly fees because low as $5. 95. Even if you only rent movies online only twice per month, you are already ahead.
With instant video streaming services, typical plans run from about $8 per month or, if you opt for a per rental provider such as iTunes or YouTube, you will typically pay $0. 99 – $3. 99 per online movie rental. Though the latter may be close in price to what you are currently paying at your local video store, you need to factor in both points 1 and 2 (Selection, Availability) and, more importantly, point 4 which is “Convenience”.
4. Convenience. Your local video outlet or convenience store will never be as easy for you as when you rent movies online. Bottom line – shopping for an online movie rental from your computer, tablet or TV means you never have to leave the house for movie night again. And online movie rental providers are open 24/7 which means, you can rent movies online anytime you want, day or night, from just about anywhere.
Instant video streaming services allow you to choose a movie and start watching right away. DVD by mail services will deliver movies to your mailbox, for free, within 1 – 3 days.
5. No late fees – ever! This is a big one for me and perhaps for you as well. When you rent movies online from instant video streaming services you generally have up to 30 days to start watching your movie and 24 to 48 hours to watch it as often as you like.
After that period has elapsed, the rental is automatically deleted from your rental library. If you rent movies from an unlimited subscription provider such as Netflix then there is no limitation on the number of times you watch a movie and you never have to remember to return it.
On the DVD by mail side, they don’t have due dates or late fees. Instead, they usually put a cap on how many DVD movies you can rent at one time. You can hold on to them for days, weeks or months and send them back when you are done. This is especially handy when renting children’s movies as, we all know, they could watch the same movie several times a day for days on end.
6. Browsing. Your local video store will generally have a wall or section devoted to new releases. The rest of their catalog will either be organized alphabetically or by genre or not at all. Browsing for movie titles can take hours if you’re undecided.
When you rent movies online, all providers offer easy to use websites that allow you to search for movies alphabetically, by genre, by year, by director, by actor, by rating and more. Picking a movie to watch online is a cinch.
7. TV Shows and special genres. I know this kind of falls under “Selection” but the fact is, most smaller video stores just don’t stock Seasons of your favorite TV shows. And they generally don’t carry much in the way of Foreign Language films, Documentaries or more obscure movies.
8. Interactive features. One nice thing about online movie rentals when browsing your provider’s website is the ability to watch trailers, read viewer reviews and many also offer a suggestion feature that will provide you with similar titles for you to check out.
9. Flexibility. When you rent movies online for download or to watch instantly, you have a myriad of options as far as devices go. You can watch on Internet enabled TVs, BluRay players, gaming consoles such as Wii – Xbox – PS3, PC, Mac, tablets and other handheld devices.
Granted, not all services allow you to stream on all of these devices, but you definitely aren’t limited to just watching on your TV.
10. Options. Most small towns or neighborhoods may only have a few video rental stores for you to choose from and most with more or less the same selection and pricing. When you rent movies online, you have more options at your disposal. You are free to choose a DVD by mail or instant movie streaming provider and if you don’t like their selection or service you can try out a host of other providers.
None of them have long term contracts in order to bind you to their own service.
And, even though this is said to be the list of 10 factors to rent movies on the internet, here is an additional. Numerous online movie rental solutions offer free trial intervals from 2 weeks in order to 1 month so a person can test out regardless of whether or not you prefer the particular service.